Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finished Stars with Antique Repro Fab and a Needle Case


I haven't had much time for sewing lately but was able to finish a few small things. I finished up the stars quilt I was working on. I really love the way this turned out! I plan on making a queen size with similar fabrics (someday)!


I also made this cute little needle case from the book American Doll Quilts by Kathleen Tracy.

It was such a quick and easy sew. About 10 minutes start to finish.


I'm trying to get a few things finished up that have been laying around for a while before I start anything new. I have to get my whirlygig quilted. I already started another one. I know, I can't seem to help myself. I also have a snowball quilt in progress with Whimsy fabric. So those I am trying to work on as I have time and I need to quilt 3 others. I hope to get all of that finished before i start anything else. We'll see!

Hope everyone is well. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Diane said...

love both your finished...they are my kind of colors.

Cathy said...

I love both the quilt and needlebook. The needlebook would be wonderful to take when you are traveling......I think that I need to make one. LOL

Barb said...

Love the needle case and the quilt is lovely as well..

Mountain Home Quilts said...

These both look GREAT! :)

ohiostar5 said...

Love both the Stars quilt and the needle case. Do you hand quilt the little quilts? I have an Underground Railroad mini from "American Dolls Quilts" finished, but don't know if I should hand quilt or machine quilt. Would definately look better with hand quilting (or maybe not) but would be a quick finish if I machine quilt. What do you do?BettyLou

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

ohiostar5 - I like to hand quilt mini's. The one above was machine quilted. I hand quilt them if they are about 18 inches or smaller.

Jessica Christensen said...

I love stars. Your quilt is beautiful. Congratulations on finishing it!

Jacque. said...

I want the needle case. For sure. You and your whirlygigs...{grin}.

Diane said...

Your stars quilt turned out lovely!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...