Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival :: Fall 2012

Thanks for all of your comments on my finished quilt. I decided to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by the very lovely Amy @ Amy's Creative Side. Thanks Amy!

For anyone new visiting from the festival, Welcome, here are some stats on the quilt. For my friends who have already read about my quilt, please indulge me one more time :) Thanks!

I started this quilt in January 2012 as part of the Hand Pieced Quilt-A-Long I hosted. I wanted to learn how to hand piece and so that is how it began. I took my time with the pieces in each block as I marked them for stitching, sewed tiny stitches to put each piece together. The sashing and borders are all attached by hand. It is hand quilted. The binding is attached to the front and back by hand. The only electrified thing that touched this baby was an iron. I mentioned in my previous post that we were without electric for over a month collectively this summer and my hand pieced quilt was perfect to work on in that situation. I also love that it was part of a quilt along and many people tried their hand at hand piecing, literally :) This is absolutely my favorite quilt to date. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I look at it. I also plan to incorporate much more hand work into my sewing life. It's so satisfying!

 Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 24" x 32"
Special techniques used :hand pieced, hand quilted, completely done by hand, applique
Quilted by : Me ~ Erin
Best Category : Hand Quilted Quilt, Mini Quilt, Wall Hanging Quilt


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy all of the beautiful quilts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!!!




26 comments:

Sew Lovins said...

Ijust freaking love that this is all handpieced and quilted. It is beautiful!!!! Can I have it? hehehehe It will be so fun to look at and be warmed by over the years.

Jocelyn said...

I love it!! You did a great job!!

Cindy Sharp said...

Yup, still lovin it

Lindsey said...

I've seen the blocks around Pinterest but am so happy to see the final quilt! I love that you did everything by hand, that is SO inspiring! Now I really want to do it myself! It is really cute with the flea market fancy.
Great job!!

With Love & Confection said...

What a beautiful job you did on your quilt! Found your blog through What About Pie!

Jacque. said...

I so love this quilt, Erin! You rock!

Debbie said...

oh yeah - this one is super special! Perfect fabric combo and so awesome you hand pieced it!

Dawn said...

It is very lovely! You have every right to feel satisfied with this beauty.

Kirsten said...

Absolutely beautiful - such pretty fabrics and the fact that you have done it all by hand is amazing!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Erin! This is so beautiful quilt! And all handmade - wow! Wonderful work! x Teje

Canadian Abroad said...

It is really a beautiful quilt and I am so impressed it is all done by hand!

vintage grey said...

A beautiful quilt Erin!! Wishing you a lovely weekend! xo Heather

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is a beauty Erin and something to treasure forever!

Jennifer said...

This is a beautiful quilt! And all by hand... that is amazing! Well done!

Jennifer :)

Vicki said...

I love it! It's got to feel good to have done that all by hand. :)

CitricSugar said...

Just beautiful! Love your fabric choices.

Mrs A said...

It's gorgeous!

Kendra from missknittas studio said...

This is absolutely amazing handwork! What a treasure :)

Vanesa said...

What a accomplishment! This came out so beautifully.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It is stunning!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jessica White said...

It is gorgeous~ I love it!

Rene' said...

This is fabulous!!! Great job with the handwork.

Nana said...

Beautiful bright colors. Amazing handwork.

Becky G said...

Lovely! I love hand piecing, but as i also love knitting & embroidery, my time is constrained, still i carry projects where ever i go & get in a few stitches in stolen minutes.
I love your colors, and you've included some of my favorite block designs. Seems to me you have worked up a wonderful size for a hand-pieced project!
I found your blog through the quiltmakers blog hop & will add you to my regular bloggy stops... Plus, I'll go back through your earlier posts to pick up some handpiecing tips & techniques! Thanks so much.

Meredith said...

Great quilt, nice hand work!!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...