Monday, February 16, 2015

:: Quick Prairie Point How-To ::

I finished the Milk, Sugar & Flower mini I was working on in my previous post. I love how it turned out. I quilted in the ditch around the basket blocks and then I quilted an outline around the prairie points. I bound it with one of the cute stripey patterns from this adorable fabric line!

I made a little mosaic of how I made the prairie points for this little quilt. Of course there are a few ways to make them and the placement of mine are opposite of the traditional layout around a border. It's a very fun way to add a little extra to a mini or any size quilt. I use a stay stitch and add the prairie points to one side at a time. The I did the binding by machine attaching it to the back first and then flipping it to the front and sewing close to the edge of the binding. 

We are getting lots of snow here today! I think a pot of soup and hot cup of tea are in order....maybe some sewing!!! Stay warm and safe if your stuck in this mess too. 

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

7 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

I love the fabric you are using for this mini quilt, it is lovely. Great work.

Jacque. said...

I just love this little mini. You definitely have a recognizable style. xo

Unknown said...

This is super adorable! Luv it. Every thing matches up so perfectly too.

Kathy Shute said...

Your mini quilt is so sweet. I just love it! Do you have a pattern?

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So so cute!! And thank you for the how to! Wishing you a lovely day!! xo Holly

Missy Shay said...

How cute! I am pinning this!

Katherine said...

Super cute! I love the prairie points and that you combined this line with linen. Perfect together.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...